Popular Posts

Saturday, January 6, 2018

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2017.... #9


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2017 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2017! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2016.)

9) 'The Devil's Candy'


Sometimes a movie gets some preliminary press that makes you wonder if it'll live up to the hype? This film is one of those examples. I saw stills from it and was hearing a lot of buzz on the various horror forums I belong too. When it finally came down to watching it, I did my best to keep my expectations low. The reality was, it lived up to almost all of the hype. It was heartfelt, dark, well made and overall a really solid piece of horror film making. It had a few moments, especially towards the end, where it lost a little steam, but overall.... it earned a position on my list. If you've never seen this one, then you're in for a treat. It's a new twist on an old theme and one that will stick with you, after the credits roll.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: candy, of course

No comments:

Post a Comment