Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2017.... #5


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2017 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2017! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2016.)

5) 'Better Watch Out'


A VERY late entry this year, this one seemed to come out of nowhere and hit me upside the head like a baseball bat. I had absolutely no idea what I was getting into and I'm glad that I didn't. Part of the brilliance of this film, is being blissfully unaware. Avoid the trailer, don't read the reviews, just put it on and suspend all disbelief. This film is just flat out, balls to the wall, fun. It's very original and treads familiar ground, but with two different pairs of shoes on. I didn't know where the film was going from the beginning up until the end. It flipped everything upside down and left me wondering how this ended up being so good? There's far too many times where a film maker will try and color outside the lines and end up just ruining the picture. In this case, he turned it into a masterpiece. This is one that may start making people's annual 'must watch' Christmas lists. Get in on the ground floor, kids!



Suggested snack to eat while watching: pizza and candy canes

No comments:

Post a Comment