Popular Posts

Sunday, January 14, 2018

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2017.... #1


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2017 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2017! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2016.)

1) TIE: 'Get Out' and 'The Babysitter'


Okay, okay okay.... it might seem like cop out, but I just couldn't decide. Go figure. These are two polar opposite films. They share little to nothing in common, but yet they blew me the hell out of the water. 'Get Out' was my very early front runner for number one and never got pushed out of it's spot at the top. I saw it many many months ago and immediately put it at the position its remained. This is what horror films are capable of. It's smart, has a message, is creepy, showcases amazingly talented people and leaves you thinking about everything you saw when it's over. It's already had massive amounts of praised heaped upon it, so I don't need to add to that. Needless to say, if you haven't seen it, why not? Now, 'The Babysitter', is something else. It just dropped on Netflix (yet another original) about a month ago. It's directed by **cough cough** McG. Yes, THAT McG. However, before you close this page thinking I'm a lunatic, hear me out. This movie is some of the most fun I've had all year, hands down. It's kinetic, hilarious, bloody and it's totally re-watchable. There are not enough good things I can say about 'The Babysitter'. While it may be the exact opposite of 'Get Out', they both share one thing in common, they're both near pitch perfect film making.... and they share my number one spot this year. (okay, that's two things)





Suggested snack to eat while watching: nothing, because you'll be too glued to the screen

No comments:

Post a Comment