Popular Posts

Thursday, April 27, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 8


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 8) Friday the 13th part II

Hot off the heels of the original, the studio wanted a sequel. Still a fairly new concept, they did their best to continue the story, but this time.... with Jason in the lead. This film works pretty well, over all, but killing off your most popular character in the first 10 minutes was not the best idea in the world. A solid entry into the franchise and one that still holds up pretty well. 3 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment