Popular Posts

Saturday, April 1, 2017

My review of Slaughter High by William S Mayfield



I miss the 80's. That to me was my golden age of horror. Jason, Freddy, Pin Head, and many more. Alien and supernatural movies were everywhere along with many other genre films including the slasher film. Yes the slasher genera brought us many a great horror film to the local movie theaters. I had thought I had seen them all but this gem had escaped my viewing pleasure till today. 



Slaughter High was released in 1986 and is the story of young Marty, a high school senior who is the stereotypical nerd in any 80's movie and also has a pack of jock/cool kids that relentlessly torment young poor Marty. After one of the groups attempts messing with Marty by fooling around with his chemistry experiment an accident happens that horribly disfigured Marty. Fast forward five years later and the group is invited for a reunion at the old school and when they show up they all think one of them had something to do with the reunion. They quickly find out that none of them had anything with the party and shortly after Marty starts with his revenge. 



Yes this story has been told before in other movies but its told with such over the top acting and effects that anyone who loves genre horror will love it too. A sad fact that I found out about this film is that Simon Scuddamore who played Marty unfortunately died only days after the release of Slaughter High. In this day of remakes and reboots it would be interesting to see a new take on this movie, not saying that it would be better just different. 

Once again if you love slasher films you should love Slaughter High. I give it 8 out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment