Popular Posts

Thursday, April 6, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 11


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 11) Jason X

There was a brief period in horror, where when a franchise had lost steam, the best idea anyone could come up with was.... "Put them in space!" So, we ended up with a few horror icons being launched into orbit and in this case, it was Jason. Not the worst of the series and one that I actually saw in the theaters. While it was kind of a fun take on the character, it was still 2 out of 5 stars, at best. Re-watchable, but not the first one to put into the DVD/Blu-ray player.



No comments:

Post a Comment