Popular Posts

Thursday, April 13, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 10


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 10) Friday the 13th (2009)

The idea of remaking a classic horror film, isn't anything new. The biggest thing that seems to get missed with that idea, is to keep the character true to its roots. In this Michael Bay produced outing, they did keep Jason fairly pure. Overall, a decent slasher film, for the time it was made. It just doesn't seem to have the same heart and soul as the original though. I actually enjoyed this one, but it's not one that I watch with any regularity. 3 out of 5 stars and kudos to Derek Mears for giving it a good try.



No comments:

Post a Comment