Popular Posts

Saturday, February 25, 2017

My Review of ‘Stake Land 2’ by William S. Mayfield



Just like in 2010 when ‘Stake Land’ originally premiered I missed it at first. So last week when looking for a new movie with my wife I am shocked to saw a poster for ‘Stake Land 2’. I sat with my jaw on the floor. How did a sequel to one of my favorite movies, let alone the best vampire movie I have seen in years, slip past me? I must be getting old.



Stake land 2 starts off some years after we left Martin (Connor Paolo) with Peggy(Bonnie Dennison), now a couple with a child living a simple life in the what’s left of America. It doesn't take long for Martins past to catch up to him in the form of an all-out Vampire attack on the local town. Moving with a new leader or hero’s world is torn away from him and forces him in to a bloody path of vengeance. Once on the road to now find his mentor, the mysterious Mister (Nick Damici) Martin runs into trouble here and there as he sees nothing has changed in the “Stake Land” since he settled down. Crossing the wasteland he is captured by a small band of psychos that love to have pit fights to the death that reminds me, at what point of the apocalypse do we start to have fighting pits dug for our enemies? But quickly he is reunited with Mister. After learning of Martins quest for blood he agrees to go with him on his quest for the vampire leader who is rallying the vamps and who killed his family. We are introduced to some new characters along the way who have no love for the blood suckers either.  Stake Land 2 shows us what a vampire apocalypse would be. Fearing the vampires are just the beginning as the humans are just as evil in some instances. Directed by Dan Berk and Robert Olsen, they help continue where the first left off and hopefully into the future. I love this series and I promise you there is no sparkling.



I give ‘Stake Land 2’ 9 bloody stakes out of 10.


No comments:

Post a Comment