Popular Posts

Thursday, June 1, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 3


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 3) Freddy vs Jason

Another trend that happened, as a way to boost a dying franchise, pit two icons against each other. This was the first of many to come and one of them that did it the best. (in my opinion) The studios had been teasing this idea, since a throwaway shot happened in 'Jason Goes to Hell'. Freddy's glove pulled Jason's mask down into hell, in the very last shot of the movie. While Ronny Yu's film may have not pleased everyone, it certainly had me in full fan boy mode. I loved this one and still enjoy watching it, to this day. 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment