Popular Posts

Thursday, June 15, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 1


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 1) Friday the 13th Part III

This one will always be my go to movie, in the series. It's the perfect mix of all the things that make 'Friday the 13th' such a great franchise. It's fun, it has great kills, the campers are very full of life (all puns intended) and it just stinks of the 80's. Sadly, I've never actually seen it in 3D, but once again the producers chose to cash in on a popular trend of the time. Let it never be said that 'Friday the 13th' wasn't a trendsetter. I love this movie, in all it's cheesy glory and that's why it will always be my number 1 choice of the 12 films made, to date. 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment