Popular Posts

Thursday, June 8, 2017

my top 12.... 'Friday the 13th' films - number 2


With the upcoming release of the new 'Friday the 13th: The Game', on Xbox One, it's had me thinking a lot about one of my favorite franchises. Granted, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, Jason has always held a soft spot in my heart among the horror icons. With a new film seemingly in development hell, there is a bright spot with the fan made 'Never Hike Alone', currently in production. However, there's 12 other feature films that have been released since 1980 and I thought it might be fun to rank them, according to which ones I consider to be the best. So here we go, my personal top 12 'Friday the 13th' movies....

Number 2) Friday the 13th (1980)

This one might cause a bit of controversy, as it's the original in the franchise and not in my number 1 spot. However, I'm ranking them on my personal feelings and re-watchability. This one is by far the most pure in it's form, but with the killer being Jason's mother and not himself, makes it a different animal. Also, something about it just doesn't stick with me, in the same way as all the others. With that being said, I still have to give credit where credit is due. This one started it all and is a solid piece of slasher history. 4 out of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment