Popular Posts

Thursday, June 29, 2017

my 'classic' thoughts on.... 'Paranormal Entity'


Dragging the depths of my old horror reviews, I thought they might need to see the light of day again. So, I bring you some of Joel's 'Classic' horror reviews....

I've stayed away from the ripoffs of popular films, ever since I saw some of 'Transmorphers'. This appeared to be yet another “mockbuster”, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I mean, how bad could it be? Well, I stand corrected. This movie was actually pretty well done and although it felt a lot like 'Paranormal Activity', it was still it's own film. Not too mention, a pretty good one at that! The story is not the same as it's counterpart. It's a bit more violent and creepy and the acting was way above par for your average straight to video release. The effects were quite well done, what few there were and I honestly got chills at a few scenes. As a lover of horror films, I would recommend that you consider watching this one. It just proves that, despite all the garbage out there, there are some of these types of films that aren't that bad. Some of them are even quite good.


Here's the plot: Footage is found in the attic of a home, where multiple murders had occurred. At the end of the killing spree, only one man survived and he was accused of committing the crime. The videos were eventually put together and 'Paranormal Entity' was the result. Evidence of what had happened.

All in all, I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars. I think it was a nice bookend to the 'Paranormal Activity' franchise and something you might enjoy, if you like the found footage genre. I'm not sure if it's something that I would ever need to see again, but I certainly don't regret watching it. It was good enough, that you would almost believe that this and 'Paranormal Activity' were shot at the same time and just happened to have a similar plot. Give it a watch, you may end up being pleasantly surprised.



If you like this, check out: 'Paranormal Activity', Paranormal Activity 2' and 'The Blair Witch Project'

No comments:

Post a Comment