Popular Posts

Friday, January 6, 2017

My #9 pick for best Horror films of 2016 By William S. Mayfield


Ok, I have to admit that even though I have heard of the Japanese suicide Forrest and it did intrigue me, I never really gave much of a thought of a move about it. Now I see the poster and yes it caught my eye. I'm a visual kinda guy sometimes.


Our story starts with Sara hearing of her twin sisters death, Jess. She was teaching in Japan, so Sara flies over because they have a twin connection and she just feels that Jess is alive. Once there she is told by the local authorities that her sister walked into the suicide forest and more than likely she has perished. It is very disturbing that these locals just wanted to write this girl off so fast. Sara will not hear of it and finds a guy, as all good looking girls do in movies, and then a guide to take them into The Forest. There is some nice visuals and some really disturbing content in this film, as they search for Jess. As they travel deeper into the forest things progressively get worse and scarier. I have to be honest, the woods have always kinda creeped me out and especially with one actually called the suicide forest. That just makes me want to stay in the urban jungle even more. This movie has a few twists and it kept me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment