Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2016.... #4


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2016 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2016! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2015.)

4) 10 Cloverfield Lane


'Cloverfield' brought the found footage genre to the big budget arena and made it an event. However, no one was expecting a sequel or possible trilogy. '10 Cloverfield Lane' came out of nowhere and caught everyone by surprise. When I first saw it, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It appeared to be an end of the world drama set underground, with a very unclear enemy. As the story unfolds, we begin to question everything that's come before. Never quite seeing the evil outside, you begin to wonder if maybe the evil is only in the bunker, in the form of man. Without spoiling the ending, let me say that what's outside, is nothing you would or could ever expect. A bit of a crossover film, but one that I absolutely loved. Well worth a placement on my list of this year and one that takes the original concepts laid out in 'Cloverfield' and takes them in a brand new direction.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: K-ration's

No comments:

Post a Comment