Popular Posts

Saturday, January 7, 2017

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2016.... #8


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2016 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2016! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2015.)

8) Night of the Living Deb


I would almost bet money, that you've not heard of this one before. Honestly, I hadn't either, until it popped up on Netflix as a recommended view. I put it in my queue and promptly forgot about it. Why? Because there are so many zombie films out there now and this one looked like a 'Shaun of the Dead'/ 'Warm Bodies' rip off. Wow.... I was wrong. This may have similarities to those other movies, but it's a wonderful slice of rom-com-zom fare that it demands that you watch it as soon as possible. It's got a love story, zombies, action, great characters and a nice little twist that won't change zombie films forever, but is a happy little treat for fans of the genre. If you think you've seen them all or you've skipped this one because it just looked generic and forgettable, I have two words: Ray Wise. Queue this one up, grab your best girl or boy and enjoy! You won't regret it.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: organic vegetables, before they go bad

No comments:

Post a Comment