Popular Posts

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Uber Spencer reviews 'You're Next' (2011)

Introduction, who am I? Well I am glad you asked! I am a Uber Spencer, a 17 year old who was born and raised in the mid-west and have been a member of this wonderful Creepercast since mid to late 2013 and have loved every minute of it! I first came across Creepercast in 2012 when I listened to Episode 2 which was the Rob Zombie retrospective of House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects and Halloween and H2. I loved the podcast from the beginning and it wasn't till after I sent in my first review which was Bad Kids go to Hell and sent in my 1st voice message that I started dwelling more into the podcast. So in closing please I cannot say this enough, read my reviews including...

YOU'RE NEXT (2011)



I don't care what people say about "The Purge" being a crappy home invasion film, I loved it! I also loved "You're Next"! "You're Next" is an interesting film with a cliffhanger that makes you go "huh?" The film follows Erin, Crispian, Aubrey and Paul (Crispians parents), Drake and Kelly (Crispians brother and sister in law), Felix and Zee (Crispians brother and Felix's girlfriend) and Aimee and Tariq (Crispians sister and her boyfriend) at a family reunion. During an argument Tariq see's something outside and is shot in the head with a cross bow causing panic amongst everyone. In the midst of the commotion Drake is shot in the back and as Aimee try's to run outside she gets her throat slit by a wire. As everything goes to hell Erin manages to raise hell and kick butt. NO SPOILERS FOR THIS FILM!



Positives: I loved the film and I thought the twist was amazing and just the sight of those creepy animal masks made me cringe. When that girl looked under the bed and the Sheep Mask looked at her I jumped and told myself "no way in heck am I looking under my bed now!! no fricken way!" The kills were really cool, the wire mentioned above, the Lamb Mask killing (edited for spoilers). There’s one trap that Erin sets where she puts nails through wood and places it on the floor but Lamb Mask sees it and steps through but (edited for spoilers). Early on Tiger Mask attacks Erin and try's to kill her with the axe and I kept yelling at my TV "KICK HIM IN THE BALLS!" She rolled out of the way and I said "Just kick him in the balls come on!" Which she did so I was happy. 

 

Negatives: I thought the twist was horrible and like I said, no spoilers. But I just hated the twist, it just sickens me to the core!



Overall it was an excellent home invasion film and, like I said, say what you will but I loved "The Purge" but this film does slightly better for me with the excellent kills and twist. I have to give this a 4/5 stabs just because the twist was kinda unexpected for me. I just want to thank everybody who has read my reviews. I hope because of these reviews you will check these films out.


Uber Spencer is a Creepercast Cast member who has become quiet a contributor to the Creepercast network. For a home school kid from the Mid-west we think he's pretty cool. But his mom is definitely the coolest for letting him hang out with us!

If you or someone you know would like to be a Creepercast contributor, be it horror news, reviews, or anything horror related, contact us immediately and you too can see your contributions on the Creepercast website!

No comments:

Post a Comment