Popular Posts

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Uber Spencer reviews The Conjuring (2013)



Wow I was blown away by the intensity of "The Conjuring." I remember watching the trailer on TV and thought it looked pretty fricken cool, and I was right. Now this is a film directed by James Wan who directed Insidious 1, Chapter 2, Saw, and the upcoming 2015 film Fast and Furious 7. I personally do not like James Wan, but The Conjuring and Insidious are my favorite films by him but I think the others are garbage. I have yet to see if he can match Justin Lin's directing style of Fast 3,4,5, and 6 as he directs 7.



Positives: I really found myself cringing at the sight of several scenes including the scene with Lorraine and Ed below the tree and Lorraine see's the feet of a hanged women who SPOILER is or was a witch in the Salem witch trials who hanged herself is the one haunting this family. Now Christine, one of the girls, I knew her face but not the name and I went on Wikipedia and it was Joey King and I slapped myself on the head. The use of special effects in this film are really good even for James Wan because you got 1. A chair levitating 2. the dark presence of the demonic entity haunting the family who we figure out is the woman named Bathsheba, and finally the final possession scene. Wan said he didn't waste time showing the possession take place HINT by placing the sheet over the women. I texted my cousin and asked her, is Lorraine a psychic? She said no, she can see and hear things that no one else can and we figure out from Ed that when that happens it takes a toll on her and I like that. Now Patrick Wilson, I want to talk about him because this isn't his first collaboration with Wan and in Insidious he was actually pretty good and in 2, even though 2 sucked, I loved him in 2 and he doesn't disappoint for this film. I also love the amount of respect Roger (the father) has for Ed and Lorraine. What I mean is that once the activity got increasingly bad he states and says thank you to Ed and Lorraine for coming out. I am surprised he didn't tell them to get out because Ed tells them that this entity doesn't like him and Lorraine cause they're the enemy.

Negatives: I really don't have anything bad about this film

Closing: I love the film even though its directed by James Wan. It is a great horror/supernatural film with a spin-off with the doll Annabelle in the works if you love haunting films. There is also a hint to Amityville Horror where the priest gives Ed and Lorraine word on a house back in Long Island which is really cool. I have to give The Conjuring a 4.5/5 stabs, check this film out and read my next review of "You're Next" released in 2013 but it was filming of the film started and ended in 2011.




Uber Spencer is a Creepercast Cast member who has become quiet a contributor to the Creepercast network. For a home school kid from the Mid-west we think he's pretty cool. But his mom is definitely the coolest for letting him hang out with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment