Popular Posts

Sunday, January 6, 2019

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2018.... #9


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2018 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2018! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2017.)

9) 'The Night Eats the World'


The zombie film is my bread and butter. No matter how many different variations on the theme you have, I'll always be up for a new tale of post apocalyptic terror. When I saw the trailer for 'The Night Eats the World', I was sold immediately. It didn't look like there was anything new, but I didn't care. It's almost like we're watching each and every little story play out, as the world they live in is slowly falling down around them. It will never cease to terrify me. The thought of fighting overwhelming odds to a hopeless end is something that keeps me awake at night. I hope that it never comes to fruition, but until then.... I'll use each film that's made as a blueprint for a possible future. This one, was a solid entry into the undead lexicon, that's worth your time.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: canned goods

No comments:

Post a Comment