Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2018.... #7


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2018 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2018! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2017.)

7) 'Hereditary'


Once again, a movie came out of the woodwork that caught everyone off guard. After the end and the credits started to roll, I was a little lost for words. As the time began to pass, I couldn't stop thinking about it. While there were several elements that were borrowed from the films that came before, the caliber of acting, directing and story telling is what set this one apart from the rest of the pack. One scene in particular had my jaw on the floor with shock. All I can tell you is to go into this one with no expectations and just take the ride. It's unforgettable. I don't feel that it's the scariest horror film ever, but it's certainly one of a new crop of movies that prove that there's still more stories to tell.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment