Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Jeff's Really Short Reviews Presents: LEATHERFACE (2017)


Always a sucker for prequels despite feeling they are usually unneccessary, I had great hopes for LEATHERFACE especially when I saw Tobe Hoopers name as Executive Producer. I mean, a blessing from the Hoop can't mean its bad, right? Actuall LEATHERFACE was a fantastic film with story elements and filming techniques we've learned to love. There's plenty of Rob Zombish elements that brings to mind Halloween, and The Devil's Rejects, as well as Natural Born Killers and, of course, the first two Texas Chainsaw Massacres. Where it fell apart for me, and so far I'm the only one I've complained to that hasn't been able to let it go. The mystery element, as in who is the kid that will become Leatherface, is an annoying misdirection that does not fall in line with what we know about our favorite antogonist. I did appreciate the facat they went all in on there concept, but discovered I'm a purest when it comes TCM. I at least appreciate the film enough to not want to ruin it so check it out and tell me waht you think!


Available now on all video formats, LEATHERFACE is a worth addition to your TCM collection as long as your OK with reasonable expectations being destroyed in the end.


Jeff's really short reviews are designed to breifly highlight those movies that Jeff either loves, or in some cases, hates, without any fluff in between.


No comments:

Post a Comment