Popular Posts

Saturday, July 2, 2016

my thoughts on.... 'Visiting Hours' (an original Creepercast site review)

What do you get when you combine William Shatner and Michael Ironside? You get the movie 'Visiting Hours'. Are those two elements enough to make this an awesome movie? Nope. Not in the slightest.
I wish I could pour praises out on this attempt at a slasher film. I can't. I just can't do it. This movie is so incredibly god awful, that there's little to no redeeming value to watching it or even talking about it. I mean, from the first scene where we meet Michael Ironside's killer, Colt Hawker, I lost interest. He had tons of jewelry on, but his clothes were completely off. This was somehow his murder method, which was horrendous and weird. I'm not entirely sure what the writer and director were going for, but I really don't think they succeeded at all.

The basic premise revolves around Michael Ironside's character, obsessing over Lee Grant's journalist character. After being attacked by him and ending up in the hospital. She's stuck in her recovery room, while he continues his attempts to finish the job. William Shatner gets smarmy with everyone and then one of the main characters gets killed. I'll let you figure out which, because I don't want to relive this movie anymore than I have too. I'm still suffering PTSD from it.
Directed by Jean-Claude Lord, who's other biggest credit is for 'Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives!'. That should tell you everything you need to know about him. Along with Mr. Lord, this hunk of junk was written by Brian Taggert, who wrote such horror classics as 'Poltergeist III' and 'The Omen VI: The Awakening'. The pedigree behind this movie is astonishing.... astonishingly bad. I have nothing good to say about this. Not even the costumes were realistic. Even Ed Wood had reviews that could boast that fact. Do yourself a favor and avoid this one at all costs. 1 out of 5 stars. (Or less, if that's possible?)

Instead of watching this, enjoy some actual classic slasher films from the 80's: 'The Burning', 'Madman' or 'The Prowler'








No comments:

Post a Comment