Popular Posts

Sunday, January 13, 2019

joel.'s top 13 horror films of 2018.... #2


Every year, you never know what the horror genre is going to unleash upon the world. You have an unsuspecting audience, just waiting to have their deepest and darkest fears manipulated.... all in the comfort of an air conditioned theater or their home. Not every year has been full of winners, some have proven to be better than others, but 2018 has yielded some very interesting genre fare that is full of a little bit of everything under the sun. My fellow creeps, I've put together what I feel (in my humble opinion) to be the best of the best for this year. There were a few that were nudged out by only inches and that's not a bad thing. It just proves that there are more stories to tell and makes me dream about all the amazing scares yet to come. So, without further adieu, I give you my top 13 horror films of 2018! (based on release dates and not the years they were filmed.... although some may be in the last quarter of 2017.)

2) 'The Ravenous'


We're almost at the top of the pile, as the countdown continues! I've already written a full review of this film and it still holds up as one of the truly best of this year. While it has some mixed reactions, as a whole, with the people who've seen it.... to me it sums up what a zombie film should be. It's bleak, but full of hope. Frightening, but with heart. A simple little slice of life in the apocalypse. I've since gone back and watched it a second time and it held up just as well as the first time. It takes the expected formula and throws in some slight twists on the genre that make this one stand out from the rest of the pack. It's also proof that despite the over saturation of the zombie market, there is still brilliant stories to be told.



Suggested snack to eat while watching: "Fronch dressing. Fronch fries. Fronch bread. And to drink….Peru!"

No comments:

Post a Comment