Popular Posts

Saturday, August 11, 2018

My review of ‘Revenge’ By William S. Mayfield


I saw the trailer for this film a while back and instantly I was hooked but what I didn't know from the trailer, or at least the one I saw, was this primarily a French film. Directed by Coralie Fargeat, Revenge is the story of Jen, a young woman from LA on a small weekend trip with her boyfriend Richard. Staying at his house in the dessert they are quickly joined by his two friends Stan and Dimitri who are there for a hunting trip. Things start off fine at first with the four of them hanging out and partying but its quite apparent that Stan has other motives when it comes to Jen. The following day Richard has to leave for a bit and Stan shows Jen what kind of person he is. When Richard returns Jen tells him what he already knows, but he responds by trying to pay her off and she threatens to call his wife things spiral out of control which leads to Jen running across the desert barefoot and not wearing much more. Richard and the guys chase her to a cliff where the movie really takes off. 


Left for dead Jen starts a journey back for what is one of the best vengeance stories I have seen in years. I also want to say that the practical effects are over the top and the blood squibs are some of the best I have ever seen. In closing, I want to say this whole movie is awesome and deserves a view but the third act is gold, pure cinematic gold in my book. 


I give Revenge a solid 8.5 out of 10


No comments:

Post a Comment