Popular Posts

Saturday, May 26, 2018

My review of CARGO by William S. Mayfield


Anyone who knows me knows I love the zombie genre, so whenever I see there’s a new trailer for a new movie showcasing the walking dead, I have to at least watch the trailer. I first saw the trailer for Cargo a few months ago, and instantly want to see it. The film stars Martin Freeman of Black Panther and The Hobbit fame as Andy, a man put to an impossible task... trying to get his infant daughter to safety during an infectious outbreak in the Australian outback. Our story starts off with Andy and Kay, his wife played by Susie Porter, on a houseboat navigating rivers with their young daughter trying to find help or shelter.


This movie is a slow burn at times but it's a good slow. We see a father get pushed into a terrifying situation and have to do whatever it takes to save his child, and as a father, it really hit me hard. I couldn't imagine going through this by myself but add my child, sheer horror for me. Along his way, Andy finds other survivors, some good and some not so good. There is also a lot of Aboriginal actors in this film which I have not seen since The Gods Must Be Crazy which is a blast from the past. Zombie movies like this, “infected”, kind of really freaking me out because in this crazy world we all could be one case of the flu away from The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later. If you like good zombie movies and suspense then CARGO is right up your alley. I give CARGO 8 out of 10.


CARGO is currently available on Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment